Wednesday, June 8, 2011

38.5 Weeks

Today marks the day of being 1.5 weeks away from being completely full term. Although I have mixed emotions of our little girl arriving in what could be any day now, mostly I am just excited to have her join our family and to not be pregnant anymore.

On another note (still pregnancy related) I had my weekly check-up today and my midwife told me that she has to be at a conference (5.5 hours away) on the 20th (she will be leaving the 19th). I am due on the 18th and if there is any indication from my first pregnancy of when I will actually go into labor I will be in labor when she is gone (I was two days late with Josiah). All this to say I am really sad about this and really praying that I will go into labor either before or after the dates my midwife is gone. I know it really shouldn't be a big deal because either way our little girl will be born but after spending the last 9 months with my doctor I don't want some stranger there instead. At my appointment today I was told that if I really wanted to she could strip my membranes and hope that I go into labor within 24 hours (she wasn't saying that I have to do this just giving me another option as she realizes the importance of having your doctor there). I don't know what to do about that? I really, really, really want her to be there to deliver our baby girl because I have really loved having her as a midwife but I just don't know what to do.

I'm beginning to ramble now and am probably not making sense because I am tired and ready for bed but I just needed to vent for a moment. I would appreciate any and all prayers that I would deliver this baby when my midwife is here.

No comments: