Monday, July 5, 2010

Training Week 2 & Pics of Josiah

Couch to 5K:

I finished my first week of training and I just finished my first day of week two. Surprisingly I'm becoming more and more excited about doing a 5K as time has gone on and hopefully that continues throughout the 9 week training. Today was also my first day of running all by myself and though it was by myself it was far easier than my last two runs went in week 1, that is probably mostly due to it being a lot cooler than it was last week and also the wind seeming to be about 20mph slower. The down fall of running outside my house is the uphill both directions but it gives me a bit of pride each time I finish.

Here is what Josiah looked like when we finished running today...


Here is what I looked like...

Red faces, sweat dripping down my face, crazy hair. I will be the first
to admit that I look far from beautiful after running, thank goodness there are showers!

I also am finally putting to good use my "running" shoes which were actually bought about 3 years ago to be my "inside only" basketball shoes. I've heard that good shoes are essential to running and although I don't know what makes a "good" running shoe I will admit that my feet are enjoying mine.


And of course now onto the real reason anyone checks this blog...

Pictures of Josiah:





No comments: