Friday, March 19, 2010

An Un-Happy Birthday

Birthday morning playing with his horse.

Yesterday our little boy turned 1. All day I had planned on posting a blog and saying happy birthday to him but with getting ready for a little birthday party with grandparents and great grandparents I just never got around to it.

Wednesday and leading up to Wednesday Josiah was happy as could be.

Thursday (Birthday day)...crabby.

Friday back to his happy self.

Hmmm, this makes me wonder...did he know it was his birthday and just didn't want to turn one as I am feeling I don't want to turn another year older each year either?

Playing with one of his new toys before everyone got to our house...still happy at this point.

We finally got him into a happy mood and then grandparents came and that all went crumbling down. What I thought was going to be a fun night because he would get cake and presents to open turned out to be more of an Un-Happy Birthday. Once we pulled out the cake (that Amber and I decorated the night before until 11:30pm) the very un-happy birthday boy became even more un-happy. Needless to say his first birthday cake experience turned out to be one filled with tears. This makes me really happy that I didn't try and do something more elaborate for a birthday party for him. All that to say though, my little boy is now 1 which means I am now a mother of a 1 year old which still seems so odd.

Amber came over the night before and helped me make a John Deere cake...this was also my first cake I have ever decorated, it was a lot of fun. Thanks Amber for all the help!

Not enjoying his birthday cake.

He was really happy to take a bath though!

Playing on his new John Deere toy from Grandma and Grandpa Huber.

Happy Birthday Josiah, you've taught us so much this year about love and parenthood. We love you!

5 comments:

jenny said...

He looks so much like you! Happy birthday Josiah!

John said...

Wow... It's a very unique blog.

Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://club-kidzscience.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.

Huber said...

John, I'm sorry I have no idea who you are...do I know you?

Heidi said...

This blog made Dan and I laugh! So adorable! I love the cake and the little tractor toy! What fun memories!

Anonymous said...

I love the cake and new tractor. Colton also had a John Deere themed 1st birthday party. He was sick at his party and on his actual birthday. Hopefully Josiah enjoys his 2nd birthday alot more.