Monday, March 15, 2010

A Good Friend & A Craft

Although I wouldn't consider myself to be "crafty" I've spent a couple days in the last two weeks doing a few craft projects with a good friend. We let the little ones play together for awhile, put them down for their naps and away we go with our crafts - trying to finish before we hear the first child awake.

Our first craft was a clipboard made into a dry erase board. Amber, the crafty one, found this idea and so we set off to make our first craft. Here is what our end product looked like. I made just a decorative one and Amber made one for her 3 year old daughter to work on her ABC's.


Our second craft was a toddler towel. Those baby towels you get as shower gifts are wonderful but it was outgrown so fast. I was given a toddler towel as a gift from a friend in Peoria and because I only do Josiah's laundry once a week I thought another towel would be a great idea. Neither Amber or I knew how to make one so after the kiddos were in bed for nap time we googled on the computer and found a pattern and after we got the kinks out of our sewing machines (actually we never got it out of mine so we just used Amber's machine) we had the towels done in no time. This must be one of the easiest projects to do. I tried to get my dear husband to model the towel for me but he refused and Josiah was already in bed which is why you get the boring picture of it hanging on our pantry closet but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Whoo-hoo!I've been planning to do practically the same blog, but I haven't down loaded the pictures yet. When i do I'll have to send you the one of you modeling the towel! Hmm...what should we attempt next?

Katie said...

oo - thanks for the ideas! both are really neat, but the towel is becoming a necessity! owen outgrew his little towels a while ago! looks like you had fun!