Wednesday, February 11, 2009

jobless...

Well, Brett and I are officially with out jobs and living the dream for about a week and half now. We are absolutely loving this time we have together before the baby comes and before we move...what a blessing from the Lord!

A lot of have you have been wondering what we do all day long now that we are both home. Great question!

Let me fill you in...



Brett's been busy in the garage building our little guy a crib. It will probably be finished in a couple of days and I can't wait! He is doing such a great job! The first picture is one of the side rails he just finished - beautiful! What a man I've got!



While Brett is in the garage I have spent a little bit of time in the kitchen cooking and baking. It's been so fun to be able to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with him! Brett and I were heading over to a friends house the other night to play games and hang out and so I attempted to bring over Angel Food Cake...as you can tell from the picture apparently my bunt pan is a little bit too small. I thought I heard something in sizzling in the oven so I went to check on it and low and behold the cake was all over the bottom of the oven. I had a great next hour of cleaning out the oven...I ended up buying a cake from the store before we went over :)



We have now mastered the rules for a two player game of Settlers of Catan! We keep the game set up on our card table in the living room for anytime of playing...morning, afternoon, or night time. Yes we have done all three...sometimes all three in one day!




We also made a trip to Minnesota (the last trip until after the baby is born) to visit friends and family. Becky and Aubree threw a baby shower for Cassie and I, it was so much fun and such a blessing to receive all the gifts we got. All the hubbies came over after the shower and we were all able to hang out for the rest of the evening. It made me realize how much I miss all of my Minnesota friends! I love you all!

The picture is of Cassie and I with our candy necklaces around our big prego bellies.


Whenever Brett and I make our long road trips home to South Dakota or Minnesota we take with us our "car books". Right now we are reading through "Quiet Strength" and really enjoying it. I thought it would be nice to now have a "at home book" since we are home together now. We started reading "Total Abandon" by Gary Witherall, which I suggest if you haven't read it to pick up a copy and read it. I read it during college and thought it would be a great re-read for Brett and I.


That's a small list of what Brett and I have been up to in the last week and half. We are loving every minute of it and so glad that God has blessed us with this precious time together. We are looking forward to Valentines Day this weekend and our 1 year anniversary on Monday!

1 comment:

Kelly Jo Flaa said...

Hello Friend! Sorry it's been so long since we talked. I have been thinking lots about you and wondering how things are going. I have been checking your blog but rarely get a chance to actually leave a real comment! You look adorable! I am so excited for you to have that little boy! What a treasured time for the you and Brett to have over these past weeks. God is good to us, isn't he? I love the peek into your lives. Someday I hope to meet Brett and Baby-Boy, AND introduce you to our family! Hope to call you soon to catch up in "person". Love, Kelly Jo Flaa