Thursday, January 15, 2009

Prego Friends!

It seems as though there are at least a couple handfuls of people I know that are due within a month or two of my due date. The best news of all...my great friend Cassie Foster and I are due on the same day! What are the odds of that? When I found out that I was pregnant I had tried calling Cassie a number of times only to get her voice mail and to never get a call back. I thought this was a little strange that she was not calling me back but I finally got a call back from her only for her to tell me that she had some news to tell me. She confessed that she hadn't been calling me back because they hadn't been telling people their news yet and was afraid she would slip if she talked to me. Long story short...she told me she was pregnant and due on March 12th! I then took my turn and told her that I was pregnant as well and was due on March 17th! We laughed at how ironic the whole situation was. As the months and weeks went by we were both told by our doctors that our due date had changed some...Cassie's got moved back 3 days and mine got moved up 2 days giving us both a due date of March 15th! I admit that the chances of us actually having our baby are pretty slim to none but hey just the idea of it all is wonderful and not to mention that I have such a great friend to share in all of this "newness" with. I only wish we lived closer to each other so we could really experience all of this together. We have been blessed to see each other a few times over the prego months and last time was just before Christmas and so we took a few pictures of our prego bellies together. I thought it was high time to finally share one of those pictures with everyone. Here it is...




In case you didn't know Cassie and I were paired up as roommates our freshman year of college along with Chelsea Russell. We lived together all throughout college and after. Cassie got married to Brady Foster right after Christmas in 2007 and they just had their first anniversary a few weeks back. Brett and I got married a few months after them on Feb. 16th 2008. We were both bridesmaids in each others weddings along with our husbands having a part in both weddings as well. So there you have it...a somewhat breif story of Cassie and I and our prego bellies.

I had said that I have a handful of friends who are prego too and so I will try and list them...


-Sondra Harcey - just had her baby boy Graham last month (high school friend)

-Jaclyn Taylor - Due yesterday! (met at church in Peoria)

-Erin Wilmoth - Due in Feb. (met at church in Peoria)

-Cassie Foster - Due in March (college roommates)

-Becky Wolcyn - Due in March (met at college - married to my high school friend)

-Kayla Hinmann - Due in March (met through South Dakota friends)

-Amber Gruber - Had a baby boy named Rylan just before Christmas (my sister-in-law, married to my brother Andy)

-Heidi Shearer - Had twins, Anna and Evelyn at the end of Oct. (my sister-in-law, brett's sister)

-Courtney Eastland - Due in August (high school friend)

-Claire Langseth - Due in March (met in college - college roommates)

-Katie Huse - Due in April (met at church in Peoria)

-Shannon Dane - Due in April (met at college)

-Sara - Due in June (met out in Oregon through the Russell's)



I'm pretty sure I've missed a few people and so if I have just let me know and I will add them to the list...my mind is going blank right now.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wowzers - what a fertile bunch! ;) You and Cassie are such cute pregos, can you believe it's under 60 days??? How are you feeling? I'm feeling really good, except for "helpful" people keep telling me that it will end soon..... :)

Huber said...

Shannon -
Yeah a very fertile bunch it appears :) I seriously can't believe it is under 60 days now...time sure has flown by. As for your "helpful people" remember everyone's pregnancy is different. For me it really hasn't been to terribly bad. Don't get me wrong I will be excited when I can sleep more comfortably, when I don't have to worry about sneezing and wetting my pants, when I can fit into my regular clothes again...but all in all it really isn't all that bad. And really it can't be all that bad because all those "helpful people" who tell us it gets worse as you progress in your pregnancy, those are the same people who have more than one baby so it can't be all that bad if they are willing to do it again and again!