Monday, December 8, 2008

Decorating for Christmas!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting for December to come so I could decorate for Christmas. I've never been so excited to put up lights, pick out a tree, and decorate the house as I was this year! Maybe it's because this is our first year in a house together...our first Christmas as a married couple! It was strange to think that not only is this our first Christmas as a married couple but it is also our last Christmas as just the two of us...it feels a bit bitter-sweet right now but I know after our little boy is born we will never look back. We spent the last few days soaking up the holiday spirit going to a parade of lights with good friends, hanging our lights outside, going to a tree lot and picking out a tree, and of course getting the tree home and decorating it! All that's left is a bit of shopping and most importantly soaking in the goodness of the birth of Christ, our Savior!



Parade of Lights!
It's a two mile long stretch of Christmas lights built into different things.



Brett putting up lights outside!
(I was a bit too cold so I watched from our front door)



Picking out our Christmas tree!



Bringing our tree inside!



Our decorated tree!



Our first and last Christmas as a family of two!


3 comments:

jenny said...

Ooh... your tree looks beautiful! Enjoy your sweet couple moments together.

jenny said...

Just wanted to respond to your comment on my blog. I know, I know... I had these same fears too before I became a mother. But, all I can say is it's TONS easier when your husband is around and when you have a home of your own... which you will have both. I am mostly frustrated because I don't feel the freedom to "let her cry it out" and Travis isn't coming home at the end of the day to help. But... again, God really does give me enough strength to make it to the end of the day. I LOVE my sleep - a LOT - and I was so worried about not getting enough. But you know what, you get by and learn to just grab snippets of it when you can. And your love for YOUR baby makes it easier than doing it for some random kid. :-) You'll be fine.

Shannon said...

Just 90 days to go!!! Ahhhh!!