Friday, June 25, 2010

128 Miles

Last night as my hubby and I were driving home from picking up Josiah at Grandma & Grandpa's house we marveled (yes, even I) at the large thunder head up ahead. I asked Brett if he thought it would head towards us this evening (I like to know so I can figure out about how much sleep I will get with a storm lurking in on us). He responded with a "I don't think so but we can check when we get home". As much as I hate and do not do well with storms I was rather enjoying watching this one as I felt safe with my hubby at my side and what seemed to be some distance between us and the storm. When we arrived at home, tucked in the little man, and checked weather.com we were both surprised to see that the lighting we were viewing in the distance was a whopping 128 miles away. I was shocked. I mean I knew it was not right over us but still one hundred and twenty eight miles away and we could still see it as if it were just over the hill! I was in awe of God's creation and in awe of South Dakota and its vast open spaces from which you can see literally hundreds of miles away. This would never be the case in MN at least not from what I can remember due to the beautiful trees filling it's beautiful state.

No comments: