Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photography

While in Peoria I took a 3 week photography class with a friend, Christine. I think I reverted back to my school days of younger years and just tried to distract Christine (sorry Christine!) when I quickly realized that almost everyone else in the class had a Canon, including the teacher, and I had a Nikon which made for me never understanding what the instructor was talking about. It was a lot of fun though I must say but I felt like I hadn't learned a thing. Now a year later I find myself using some of the information I must have learned because I haven't learned it anywhere else.

During the class we learned how to use the manual settings of the camera which I was really excited to do because I hate using the flash. I just recently bought a new lens for my camera (very exciting) and of course having a baby around (who is almost not a baby anymore) makes for a lot of time with the camera trying to capture the personality of our little boy. Today was no exception so here are some pictures of the day.







Although I still have a lot to learn and a lot more practice to do I'm enjoying every minute of it!

3 comments:

Josh and Vivian said...

Great job! I love love love the pictures! Maybe I should go take a class... but then again, when will I have time with a baby.

Huber said...

Yeah I took the class while I was prego so that made it a bit easier...although if you can find someone to babysit it's only 1 night a week for 3 weeks which is could be doable.

Katie said...

i just can't get over how blue his eyes are - how adorable!