Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas is over already...

I can't believe how fast Christmas has come and gone. It seems like we were just in Minnesota for thanksgiving and now it's already a few days into the new year! We spent the holidays with a lot of family from both sides. Brett's sister, brother-in-law and twin girls came out a few days before Christmas and we spent most of our time over at my in-laws place. I love it over there! It was a great few days of games, hanging out, eating, chatting, and of course playing with the twins and Josiah. Josiah absolutely loves interaction with other kids...his face lights up and he giggles. It almost makes me think we should have another baby so he has a constant playmate but then again I can still vividly remember the pain and discomfort I had being pregnant and delivering him so maybe we will hold off on that and he can just enjoy the time he gets with his cousins.

Cousins: Evelyn, Anna, & Josiah

My brother Andy and his wife Amber braved the weather and came out the day after Christmas with their just turned 1 year old son, Rylan. They were here for a whole week! I can sum up their time here very easily...Wii, Settlers of Catan, 5 Crowns, a few movies, and lots of play time with Rylan and Josiah. I was excited to have Rylan here to entertain Josiah a little but Rylan could care less about him. If only Josiah could crawl I'm sure he would have been tagging behind Rylan all week. My mom also came out for a few days during the week Andy and Amber were here.

Andy (my brother) playing with Rylan and Josiah

Being around all of our family was wonderful and I loved it but the highlight over the holiday was getting to go on a date with my husband! Dates with my husband are few ever since we moved out to South Dakota so when my brother and his wife told us they wanted to watch Josiah for a night while we went on a date I was beyond excited! We drove the 80 miles to Aberdeen, looked at furniture (we are saving up for new living room furniture), went to Walmart (had to return something) and then went to the movie Blindside! The movie was great and the company was amazing! Thanks Andy and Amber for letting us have some alone time!

Just to top off the blog update here are a few more pictures...


He loves to have his mouth open what can I say!

Doing push ups!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ahh! Love the pics!

jenny said...

Totally remember Bella doing those push ups! So cute!