Monday, December 7, 2009

It's now 8am and Josiah is still sleeping! This use to be a regular occurrence in our house until his top teeth started coming in over a month ago. We became very use to him sleeping through the night since he was 2 1/2 months old so when waking up at least once a night but usually 3 or 4 times a night started happening we were beside ourselves. It's so hard when you get use to something and then it changes. So I went in to check on him a few min. ago (not really sure why, just did) and I peaked my head in and was so confused because it looked like he was sleeping on his stomach. Most of you are probably thinking, "why is the confusing?" Since day one Josiah has hated being on his belly. We have always still given him belly time but he will just scream whenever he is on his belly. So when he started rolling over I thought he would get over that....hmmm...nope. It only became worse because he would get so upset that he was on his stomach that he would refuse to roll back over even though he knows how. Ahhh...very frustrating. This is also why I believe it will be awhile before he crawls because he just hates being on his belly. He can stand on his hands and knees and when he does that he is just fine but as soon as he falls over to the floor it becomes very loud in our house. Josiah loves books, so lately I just lay on the floor with him and read a book while he is on his belly and that is seems to help. Anyway, all this to say when I peaked in on him and he was on his belly this morning sleeping, after the shock wore off I stood there and smiled so proud of my little boy sleeping on his belly.

We are also done with his infant car seat as of a few weeks ago which has been a hard transition for me but not for Josiah. His car seat was more than just a car seat for us...it was also his bed when we were out later than his bed time. Last night at bible study was the first night we have been somewhere past his bed time since switching car seats so we contemplated on what we should do. We tried to get a babysitter but that didn't work out so we decided to bring our pack and play and set it up at the church. I was a bit worried as to how moving him in and out of the car and up to his bed would all go...thankfully he did really well. He was out cold the min. I put him in his pack-n-play at the church and then did not wake up at all through all the transportation! I'm not getting my hopes up that he will continue this through every transition from pack-n-play to car to crib but am very thankful that it went so smoothly last night.

Well this is beginning to get long so I will end here, just thought I would share with you my thoughts and a few happenings in the Huber household.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard when you can't use the car seat carrier anymore for naps and just keeping them in one spot! The pack and play was a good idea. If he falls asleep well in his stroller you could also use that. They are a little easier than lugging around a pack n play.

Christine said...

Adorable! Again, tell the little guy to stop growing! He's clearly causing trouble :)

Heidi said...

I love the belly story. It's creative to read to him to make it more fun to be on his belly. Any ideas how to get our girls walking on their feet, not their knees? :) Love ya!