Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wyoming Camping

We are heading to Wyoming in a few weeks to do a little family camping/vacation. This will be our first time taking Josiah camping and thus I could once again use a lot of advice if anyone has any. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a baby sleeping bag but even if there is we don't have one so I'm trying to figure out what is best to use, any suggestions? Should I bring the pack-n-play? If anyone has gone camping with a baby before I would love any suggestions for what to bring or anything else you can think of.

Also, we are still trying to figure out where exactly we are going to go. We are looking to go in the Bighorn Mountains somewhere (but are open to other suggestions). I've been looking for campgrounds but I have never been to the area so if anyone else has and has a great place for us to go let me know. We are wanting to fish (hoping to do some trout fishing) and do a little hiking. Any suggestions anyone?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tanna, I noticed your blog and thought I could help. I grew up going to the Big Horns all the time. Cirle Park Campground is one that I have been to. Its connected to a trail that goes to a really nice lake called Sherd Lake. We would also go to a place called South Fork that is right along a creek.(it is actually one of my favorite places ever!)
I haven't been to there for years...I am very jealous...the Big Horns have been good memories from my childhood.
Hope you guys have fun!
Heather 'Anderson' Maxton

Rachel L said...

claire might have advice about camping...they take jonas pretty often...her blog is claireandjase.blogspot.com

hope you have a great vacation!!

Ashley said...

Hi Tanna. When my nephew was a baby my sister used to take his pack n play everywhere. That is the packable crib right? Anyways, she loved it and it worked great for them. It allowed him to sit outside in it too and not get to dirty on the ground. Have fun!

Huber said...

thanks everyone!

Stacy O. said...

Hey Tanna!

Camping...with a baby. :)

We actually didn't take Elijah camping until this summer...he was about 18 months old. So, your experience will obviously be a little different then ours (it's probably much easier at your stage!) But, let's see...

We did take our pack and play and our bigger tent and just "car camped" for our first attempt. Elijah wouldn't have slept on the ground next to us at this age...but Josiah may...? Does he sleep with you guys at all at home? If he does, I would just bring a bunch of blankets and make a lttle bed for him in between you two. Anyways, we had to drive around with him to get him to fall asleep at night (which we NEVER do at home). We brought his battery operated noise maker to try and make things as similar to home as possible. He woke up with the sun in the morning and wanted to run around the camp ground squeeling. I would recommend trying to find a somewhat secluded site so you don't have to be so paranoid about waking up the neighbors with your babe (or the loud neighbors waking up your babe!). Though that can be kind of a challenge with car camping. Bring clothing for all weather...even if it's supposed to be really hot...bring clothes for cooler weather. If nothing else, you can use them to protect from bugs. Kid friendly bug repellant and sunscreen are obvious necessities. LOTS of extra wipes for cleaning him up with. And yes, I agree with the comment about something for him to be in outside so he doesn't have to roll around in the dirt. :) UMMmm...what else? I should ask Terry, he would probably have more ideas. Anyways, feel free to email us if you have more specific questions!

Good Luck! :)

It will be great!