Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Senior Pics

My brother-in-law is going to be a senior in high school this year and I had the privilege of taking his senior photos. My wonderful husband made a backdrop holder for me out of PVC pipe and I bought a couple of sheets from Walmart to use as backdrops. Since I was doing this in our house we obviously don't have the best lighting so once again my wonderful husband while holding our dear son held a desk lamp for me to help with the lighting. The pictures actually turned out not too bad...I think? Here are a few of my favs.








I would really like to start doing this for an added income for our family but am having trouble figuring out how much to charge. My brother-in-law said he has a friend who would also like me to take his senior pics as well so I guess I really need to decide how much to charge. If anyone has any ideas for me I would greatly appreciate it. So I guess this is a post that I would love to get a lot of feedback on so give me your opinions.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Those are sooooo good, Tanna! I'm jealous of your talent :)

haha, you're going to hate my answer, but in all seriousness, maybe you could put your pics on the camel (and get karma, haha) and they could give you guidance.

Ronell said...

I hate to steal ideas, but I was checking out Rachel Williams photography blog today and she charges $75 for the session and they get their own proofs to do whatever. That might be a decent place to start... I am dying over the one of his sitting in the chair by the fence! Very creative. If you were closer I would have you do toddler pictures for me!

Joge said...

My sister's good friend takes photos for a living, but is really reasonable and started out just to make a few bucks while she stayed home with the kids. 4 years later she's rollin in the dough and her husband helps with website, bookings and watching the kids. She's amazing and sweet and would love to give advise.
check out her blog:
www.amytripplephotography.com

Peppermint0984 said...

Awesome job with the pics. You are a very talanted photographer.

Rachel L said...

those look great tan! such a tough thing to decide, but i think its a good idea to have that set rate for the shooting fee and then let them do what they want with the pictures. if they want you to edit and print them, then charge them for that according to how much time it takes and how much they cost to print. I just took some of ryan for shannon and it was really fun...i even did a little editing too.... maybe i should move to south dakota and start a buisness w/ you....