Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend!

I (Tanna) ended up switching my Friday morning/afternoon shift with a co-worker and took her evening shift. I wasn't all too excited about it but am hoping that being flexable and switching shifts with people will help my co-workers take some of my shifts over the holidays so we can go home and visit out families. Brett and I really value our "together time" so taking a shift that would interfere with that time was hard.

My shift was working in the kids room and although I sat and did nothing for half of my shift because there were no kids to watch the second half was a bit more exciting. There was a 4 year old boy from India that came in. This kid had more energy than I can even
begin to describe. We have a kids shopping cart to play with and so he tell me to build something really high with the blocks and then he would start on one end of the room and ran as fast as he could into the piled high blocks scattering them everywhere and leaving them for me to clean up so he could do it all over again. I laughed so much that night because this little boy would speak to me in English and then out no where he would switch into his native language. He was completely oblivious that I couldn't understand what he was saying. I would just nod my head and say yeah...mmhmmm and he would keep on going with his mile a minute (very loud) talking and I would just laugh. I just love kids!

When I came home from work this is how I found Brett with his new set of toys...


Craigslist is amazing! In the last week or so we have been able to find and purchase a used table saw and planer. We got amazing deals on both and probably saved us about $600 if we would have bought new. Brett loves wood working which is great because I have a list of about 10 things for him to build us (I want him to build us our furniture).

On Sat. Brett went out paintballing with our Senior High Youth Group while I stayed home and did a lot of baking. We attend a Sunday School class for young married couples at church so we decided to invited the class over so we could have a game night. If you don't already know this, Brett and I are avid board/card gamers. We are hooked on a game called, Killer Bunnies. We probably play with friends at least once a week. Here's a picture of part of the group that was over playing games (we had two games of Killer Bunnies going).









If you love games and are yet to play this one I would strongly suggest it.
Direct quote from Brett: "I'm pretty sure that whoever made this game was on drugs!" This might very well be true but it sure makes for an interesting game.

On Sunday we were blessed with the freedom to attend our church - Bethany Baptist. What a blessing it is to have the freedom to live in a country where we can freely attend church. Brett and I have been completely blessed to have found this church! In a time in our lives where we are faced with churches that are only speaking partial Truth and that are watering down the gospel in order to "not offend" anyone, we are extremely blessed to have found Bethany where we know God's Word is being preached in its entirety with no hesitation.

After church we went home to eat lunch and watch the Vikings vs Pakers game (one of the few Viking games that we actually get to watch because aparently in Illinois they would rather watch the Bears). A few weeks ago I had made some homemade chicken noodle soup and Brett loved it so when we were deciding what to make for lunch Brett reccomended that we make some more chicken noodle soup. I had decided that the next time I made it I would just make a bunch so we could can some of it. We ended up spending a good chuck of the rest of the day making and canning soup. (the extra jars of canned peaches we had made before)



The rest of the evening was filled with a game of "Hand and Foot" (another great card game that works great for two players). We played up until the last min before needed to head back to church to go to an elective class we have been taking on Sunday evenings on the dangers of the emergent church. After our class we headed over to our good friends house (Steve and Jamie Fifarek) for a birthday surprise for Jamie where we ate some great pudding and watched KungFu Panda.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend filled with wonderful friends...if only the weekends didn't go by so fast.



1 comment:

Peppermint0984 said...

I've only played Killer Bunnies once - but it was a lot of fun! :)