Friday, February 4, 2011

Doesn't get much better than this...

...56 Fresh Oranges from Cali! Yep, that's right! As the UPS man pulled into our yard I was thinking, hmmm what could he be delivering? As is accustomed out here in nowheresville all UPS or postal service people come right into the house and drop it off in your entry way...no knock, no nothing. I'm come to really enjoy it because if I am busy I don't have to stop what I am doing to get the door or if we are gone we know our packages will still come and be safe inside our house. Anyway, back to the FRESH oranges from Cali. Brett's uncle and aunt live out in California and while they were here in town just after Christmas for Brett's mom's funeral I got to talking with them about their "heavenly oranges" that I was privileged to try last year around this time when they had sent them to Brett's grandma and grandpa. After much discussion about the beautiful fruit of California and realizing that they had their own orange tree in their back yard I was needless to say a bit jealous as I could look out the window and see the nasty winter we were experiencing outside presently. So as the UPS man drove up today and placed our package in our entry way I went out a few min. later to see what it was. I knew I hadn't ordered anything and I didn't think Brett had (or at least that I knew of). When I looked at the box and say "duraflame fire logs" and Brett's name on the package I thought what on earth could this be? Since I could throw out the obvious conclusion that it was not really fire logs due to the fact that we don't have a fireplace and began to rip open the box because I just had to know what was inside. As I opened it and saw 4 crates, 12 oranges (56 oranges) and realizing that they are from Brett's uncle and aunt I began to smile. And well let's just put it this way, I haven't stopped smiling yet. I just finished my first orange and as soon as I finish typing this I will get another! Words can not express how good these oranges are. Nothing like what we can buy here in the store. Ahhhh, a bit of heaven right in our home!

No comments: